Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Monsterpocalypse is Coming!


Monsterpocalypse brings the kaiju (loosely translated from Japanese as ‘giant monster’) genre – a pop culture favorite – to the tabletop in the form of a fast-paced, action-packed CMG. Designed by Matt Wilson, the award winning creator of WARMACHINE and HORDES, Monsterpocalypse leverages the critically acclaimed abilities of Privateer Press as a leading miniatures manufacturer to enter a new category of product with a property that will appeal to a world-wide fan base of all ages.

I'm not entirely thrilled about the "collectible" aspect of it, but who am I kidding? This game looks to be a blast! I can't think of a better beer 'n pretzels format than giant monsters duking it out in the downtown streets. I've enjoyed WARMACHINE going on a few years now, and this being from the same creative team, I've got higher hopes than just some random CMG off the shelf from creators I've never heard of. There's no information on it other than a teaser off Privateer's main page, but something about this has got my interest piqued more than just a little. Lately there hasn't been a whole lot from the geek world out there to get me excited, but this here has done that very thing. It may have something do with all those hours playing Rampage back in the 1980's!

No comments:

Post a Comment