Monday, December 31, 2007

Warhammer Work Night


The one problem with all of these cool new, multi-piece plastic kits from GW is all the freakin' parts! Well, those on board (so far!) with our upcoming WHFB venture were present and we spent the night hanging out and putting together everything. Ray had a good idea to keep us on pace and not feel overwhelmed; first off is the 'buy and paint only one unit at a time' thing. It's much easier to paint an army when you're not staring at nine pounds of unpainted stuff, just a single box o' troops. Secondly, and I don't know how well this will work, but it's an awesome idea...for every unit painted, you're also obligated to do one piece of terrain. Too often the tables are bare or have after-thought, secondhand terrain, so I like this idea a lot. Above is a work-in-progress shot of my little corner of the table. Basically my night consisted of clipping, trimming, and gluing


Here's a shot of the fruits of our labor. Ray has chosen to go with a Vampire Counts army, his unit of skeletons (already finished, darn him!) is on the left. In the back are Eternal Guard, the foundation of Jon's Wood Elf army, and on the left is my unit of Dwarves. I wanted a full unit of twenty, so you can see I supplemented the sixteen plastic GW models with four metal Reaper figs. I should go outside and primer them, but I'm not feeling it right now, heh.


I built these forever ago. They're made with plaster Hirst Arts bricks which I highly recommend. One's a chapel and one's a squat watchtower (perfect for Dwarves). I still need to cut some roof tiles for the chapel, and obviously paint them. Once done though, I think these will be right at home on a WHFB tabletop, even though they were made originally for Warmachine.


The new GW trees kit is pretty flippin' nifty.


GW's Fortified Manor is absolutely gorgeous, it's a blurry shot, but I was trying to get a pic of Ray's new Necromancer galloping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment