Monday, November 24, 2008

Preserve the Faith!


I've never been the largest fan of Chaplains in the 40k universe. It may have something to do with the over-saturated skull iconography, but on paper, they seem like a no-brainer addition to any self-respecting Marine army. Did I mention the incredible Dark Angel Veteran boxed set? Well the above Chaplain was made almost entirely of spare parts from that set.


All I supplied was the rear half of a torso, a set of legs, and an old backpack/cape bit. Oh, and a metal Dark Angel shoulder pad. He's equipped with the Chaplain weapon of choice, the Crozius Arcanum, as well as a plasma pistol. Some frag grenades, a censer, and a holy book round out the figure. I didn't know what to do with the Valkyrie style helmet wings with the veteran squad, but they look great here, maybe it's just that I've been listening to a lot of the Sword lately too. They might count as the holy relic Lion Helm as well, but I'll have to check the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment