Friday, November 27, 2009

North Africa, 1941


Consider this a pictorial teaser post of a huge Flames of War game I had the pleasure of playing in last Friday. I snapped a few of these with my camera phone, but there were a couple of "real" cameras with mini-tripods in attendance as well. Hopefully Brian over at Repple Depple will have a proper report up by the times this "airs".


We were playing on the "big" table, I'm guessing it was at least 6'x10', maybe even closer to 12' in length. On top of that, Flames of War is in 15mm scale, and this massive table was still choked full of minis! It was a damn impressive sight.


Tom and I were the only two on the German side, and we had our work cut out for us. Across the desert dust we faced down four British players, with platoon after platoon of armored goodness, trucks, transports, and troops. We began the game dug in around the town, with the rest of our forces held back in reserves.


The British drove out (flattened) the German troops in the town...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I can't take too much credit (not my table, not my figs) but it was pretty cool to say the least! Plus, these pics hardly do it justice, in person it was even better!

    ReplyDelete