Sunday, January 16, 2011

750 Posts!


Huzzah, 750 posts done and in the bank! Yup, I'm just as surprised as the rest of you, I would use the 'humble acorn' analogy, but that would imply Mik's Minis here to be a "mighty oak". Nope, it's just me. Breaking down the numbers and the posts it looks like the lion's share is in the sci-fi category with 305 overall. Fantasy is coming in at a pretty distant second at 178 total posts. For the stalwart 40k fans out there, I've got 142 of those posts up, and finally there's 89 game reports to peruse...as of now!

I won't lie, I like nice even numbers and I knew this post was going to happen sometime this month. I was hoping my reader count would be at a nice, even 200 to boot. We're a few shy there, but so close! My only goal with reader count is that I'm giving however many readers I've got a good read and something fun to enjoy. To that end though, I'll whip up some kind of free giveaway to one of the next four readers to sign up as well as the last six who have already done so. So sign up, we'll all hit 200, and I'll roll a d10 to see who gets something wonderful and fabulous, err, at least free.

EDIT: Well scratch all of that, we're now at 202...and counting!

It would've been more of a stretch to hope for a quarter of a million page views by this time, though in the scheme of things, we were close there too! Looks like another 14,000 page views and we're there. I have no idea what this category means really, it just sounds fun, haha. There's nothing else to say on this one, you keep reading what I've written, and I'll keep writing it!

So I extend to y'all out there a hearty and heart-felt thanks for sticking around. I guarantee that I would've never made it this far without you. I'll try to make the next 750 posts as fun for you as the last 750 were for me! Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Gratz man, that is a nice accomplishment. Keep the great posts coming and more readers will show up. I will throw up a post tonight to see if I can throw any traffic your way from my humble 33 followers LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow, amazing! 750 posts its quite a lot a fun!

    Congrats for the accomplishment! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 200 right now - congrats sir! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just discovered your blog, and I am so impressed with the content. You have a new follower for life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Bud ! ... its your diverse blog subjects that motivated myself to doing the same thing over at LPG ...

    Always look forward to your posts ... keep em coming !

    Joe Mezz

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Meatball: You've scratched my back, I'll scratch yours! Twice even!

    @Nesbet and Chris: Thanks again, it's been a team effort!

    @Night Runner: For life aye? Now the pressure is really on!

    @Joe: Thanks as always. To be honest the only reason I'm so diverse is because of Gamer ADD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And don't forget you have 200 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Of course, I'll have to edit this post! I'm cobbling together a little prize pack as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on so much excellent material. I'm always impressed by your lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loq really is a tough act to follow - what she wrote, plus I love the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Loq: Thanks! It's good to have you on board!

    @Porky: Mix is what it's all about here...lots and lots of it. It's just my randomness but it forms a pretty good recipe for blog gulash.

    @Double B: Dude, coming from you that's a lot. Your blog has Simian Saturdays! Plus you introduce me to all kinds of cool RPG's like Mutant Future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our cutoff for followers is at 206, and I have picked a winner for a mixed prize pack. I rolled a d20 and took the entries from the last twenty people to sign on. I put together a prize pack that "sums up" the blog and once I get the video uploaded to YouTube I'll announce it here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course when I say "cutoff" that just means whoever signs on after 206 isn't in the running...

    ReplyDelete