Over at the Angry Lurker, a blog I read on a regular basis as I'm sure most of you do as well, an "angry reject" set of questions has been posted. While "not a virus" it was suggested to have a go at the list, so I am up to the task.
Besides, I have a sneaky suspicion that Friday Rucht Hour is going to end up as a Sunday post once again, come on Rucht, let's put the Friday back in Friday Rucht Hour! But I digress.
If you haven't been over to the Angry Lurker you should check it out, lots of great projects and the sheer painting productivity that Fran cranks out is impressive enough, let alone the stuff looks good to boot! His cohort in crime, Ray, has answered the same set of questions and his equally cool blog, Don't Throw a 1, with responses can be found here. Now, on to it...
1. Favorite wargaming period, and why? It's gotta be science fiction for me, hands down. I love robots, aliens, laser guns, and the like and sci-fi is where you can game with all of that. Plus you've got so many options; fleet battles to skirmish, hard-tech to space opera.
2. Next period, money is no object? If I could wave a magic wand it would be French Indian War in 40mm. I've brushed up against this one before but have lacked the wherewithal thus far.
3. Favorite five films? It changes, but as of this writing; Land of the Lost, Silverado, Jaws, The Thing, and Aliens.
4. Favorite five TV series? Apparently I like comedy television; Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Regular Show.
5. Favorite book and author? Sheesh, this is the toughest one so far. Favorite book might be The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, as for author, wow, so many choices. Probably will go with R.A. Salvatore because his pulp fantasy is pretty cool.
6. Greatest general (yourself excluded)? He might not have held the official rank of "general" but Ghengis Khan, who hammered out the Mongol Empire, the largest empire the Earth has ever known, takes the cake hands down.
7. Favorite wargame rules? Another tough one! I have never played a game of Check Your 6! where I didn't have fun and was able to just 'play the game' without focusing on the rules or what-not.
8. Favorite sport and team? When football season is in session I love watching American football, professional then college. Otherwise I love watching tennis only slightly less than I do playing it. Favorite team? I don't really root for a single franchise.
9. If you had a one-use time machine, when and where would you go? I'd sit off the coast in a ski boat with a rocket launcher and a crate of ammo and wait for all the sails on the horizon coming to "explore" the New World.
10. Last meal on death row? Wow, grim. My dad's chicken and dumplings, my wife's cheese grits casserole, a tall glass of cold milk, some fine Kentucky Bourbon, and my mom's Watergate cake.
11. Fantasy relationship, and why? Salma Hayek, because she gets me, haha.
12. If your life were a movie, who would play you? Leonardo DiCaprio.
13. Favorite comic superhero? Marshal Law.
14. Favorite military quote? It's debatable who said it first, but the gist is, "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy."
15. Historical destination to visit? Tenochtitlan.
16. Biggest wargaming regret? Selling off old armies, figs, collections, rulebooks, and the like.
17. Favorite fantasy job? I would have a food truck called Plan 9 Foodstuffs with a dystopian future vibe (think black with white barcodes, etc) and drive around making gourmet foods and selling them out of my truck.
18. Favorite song, top five? Song? I have no idea, I'm calling an audible and going with bands/artists; David Byrne, Rush, Clutch, Les Claypool, and Dream Theater.
19. Favorite wargaming moment? Oh man, I have no idea. I have a lot of favorite games I've played, and could probably answer 'favorite RPG moment' no problem, but I can't pin this one down. I'm copping out I know!
20. The "miserable git" question, what upsets you? Reality television.
All right, that was a very fun exercise all said and done, some of these answers were so ingrained I didn't even have to think about them. Others were a lot more mentally taxing however.
Well, you know the drill...enjoy!