Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Rucht Hour: The Devil is in the Details

Every once in a while, I get really impressed with the small details on a model. Often, we get swept up in that which is bigger, better, more dynamic, but the fun part about this hobby is that pursuers of minis wargames are often just as taken with the small things. 

For example, I'll never forget when I painted one of my Warmachine zombie pirates only to find that the figure had a tiny fish skeleton stuck into the folds of his pants. That level of small detail truly impressed me. 

Anyhow, this week I had another one of those "small" moments when I saw this guy. I'm fixing up a dwarven officer and standard barrier. His shield is nicely done, with wood grain on the inside and small holes where you can put in the model's shield strap.                                                                                                                            


Check out the mini's shield strap...it fit perfectly into the shield. 

 I love this standard! Filled with lots of fine detail. Ribbons, anicent writing, and other knick-knacks on display.

That's it for me, this week. Short, sweet, and simple. What's your favorite small detail story? 

No comments:

Post a Comment