Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thor's Day Hero: Sergeant Lincoln Osiris


"I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!" -Kirk Lazarus
The first ten minutes of Tropic Thunder are too funny. The rest of the movie isn't bad, but it's hard to match the humor up front. In it, Robert Downey, jr. plays grizzled Vietnam veteran Lincoln Osiris. There's obviously a lot going on with the Lincoln character, considering in the movie within the movie aspect on top of everything else. Lincoln Osiris as character though? Great. Great lines, though none I can repeat here, great intensity, and great over-the-top action. If you haven't seen the movie, it's almost worth it just for Osiris alone. So forget that he's a character played by a character about a fake movie in a real movie, Lincoln Osiris is on the skids so "elevator up" for the Thor's Day Heroes.

2 comments:

  1. To my shame I've never seen the movie but I'll have to rectify that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least for the first twenty minutes!

      Delete