Friday, September 28, 2007

40k Fight Night: Dos

All right, it must be a sign or something...this week we played a second game of 40k. That makes it the 'official' game right now, 'cause we haven't played two consecutive games of anything lately. We had the usual suspects; Andy and his Tyranids, Jeff and his Sons of Medusa Marines, and me and my still unnamed Tau force. Waiting in the wings are Chris' Tyranids, and Ray's Cadian Imperial Guard force. We played another three-way battle, this time the terrain looked a little bit better, but it was still a basic beat 'em up with the last man standing. Actually it was pretty much a two player game, with my slow self not engaging either enemy until about halfway through the game. I'd give the win to Andy, even though I think I was the last force on the table. It was a great time, once again. Hanging out, rolling some dice, moving around little toy soldiers that go 'pew-pew', good times, lol. Here's some pics, enjoy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Well, it may be a marginal improvement, but here's the battlefield. We've got a downed freighter, at least that's the assumption, no one really knows what it is. Hence the Tau scout ship perched atop it, and the Space Marines coming in on the top of the screen. Either the Tyranids were hiding in wait the whole time, or they were the reason the ship crashed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The best bird's eye view shot I could muster.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The Tau Crisis team approaches the wreck, sensor drones showing multiple blips just on the other side.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Tyranids spring from the shadows...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket ...and assault the Marine Scouts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Here's what I was talking about; Jeff and Andy duked it out for what seemed like forever before I even got into firing position. Even then, I had excellent fields of fire on both opposing armies. Here my troops set up to fire on the swift 'nids and what Marines were left after endless assaults.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Eventually I did have to face the music, and that's not a proposition the Tau do well with in melee. Here's a scything claw attack by the bugs. I thought it was over at this point, even though I came in late to the fray, my prognosis was not good.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I did have some fresh troops nearby, who had been busy trading long range shots with a few surviving Marines. Seeing their Fire Warrior brethren getting mauled, the XV-8's closed in for the counter-charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment