Monday, June 9, 2008

Dungeons and Dragons: 4th Edition


This weekend saw the release of fourth edition DnD, which is a pretty big deal. I'm excited about it too, I just don't have time (or money) to pick up the excellently priced slipcase set. I'm over being bitter about all the 3.5 edition source books I've collected as well, and I'm actually looking forward to this new edition, even if our next longterm game is something entirely different, ahem. To commemorate the event I've dug up two great clips. The first one above is an audio file that has been around for a very long time done by the Dead Alewives, a comedy troupe. It's a classic, and someone did a great job pairing up the dialog to old clips of the DnD cartoon that was on Saturday mornings in the 80's.

Part two of the first clip, in a way. The people in the video are members of the band My Chemical Romance, but I don't think they actually had anything to do with it. I might add, not a bad band either, I listen to 'em on occasion. Anyway, it's a funny clip too, and builds on the same zaniness from the original with all new material, (it also does a good job to capture the same 'feel') although it's a tad long-winded. It's worth watching though, especially for the DM's rant near the end...and the oddly uncomfortable moment immediately following that. If you're a fan of the original at all, you need to watch this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment