Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Four Color Ruins



Here's a pair of ruins for the ongoing terrain Trucidos campaign. I went with a simple building technique, as well as a simple and efficient painting technique, with a focus on something that not only looks good, but is easy to whip up. I also made a matched set, and just used identical techniques, assembly line style, along the way.





As I've mentioned before, I made these so they can stand alone, or butt up against one another for a larger footprint. Since they're matched, they look like they belong together if they're paired up.



I only used four paints (hence the post title) to complete everything. I love using craft paint, and although I have a ton of hobby-specific paint, I've got almost as many craft paints too. They're super cheap, about .89 cents a pop, and you get an amazing choice of color selection. Here, I picked two shades that were close to one another, it's the drybrush one-two combo. For the buildings, I went with a Midnight base, and a heavy drybrush of Night Sky. For the rubble, and exposed areas of broken concrete, I used a base of Grey, with a heavy drybrush of Dove Grey on top of that. It's only four colors, but the effect seems to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment