Monday, May 3, 2010

Deathwatch Scope

Here's a quick post on the scope I used for my last Deathwatch mini. Somehow I had missed scoping this guy out in the first place, and although I did have a single spare scope, I went another route.

All I did here was clip the muzzle off the end of a Kroot rifle barrel, trim it up a bit, and glue it on. I had to trim the top of the bolter ever so slightly to get the scope's length to fit snugly on top.

I'm really digging the look of it. He's a squad sergeant, so it also helps make him stand out just a bit. It's kind of chunky, and definitely looks sci-fi in nature.

11 comments:

  1. Does look good to me, keep it up

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a thought, and I don't know how it would look, but: If he's using a scope, then would the iron-sights be necessary? You could probably cut them off and get a more streamlined look. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd keep the iron sights, IMO.

    And that actually reminds me of a Nerf attachment for the pistol mode of the recon cs6.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice scope mate, I second the comment on the ironsight, it'd look better without one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the input everyone. Yeah, I thought of those pesky iron sights when I glued it on, and was just as torn then as I am now.

    @LILMaratine: I know, I have that same Nerf gun, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever about the iron sights: bionic eye and scope is just cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Joe! You know, late-war British armor is right around the corner...

    Or should I say "armour"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome ! ...... any infantry to go with those steel beast ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, much to the chagrin of all the other FoW players in the group! I've got my buddy Andy's 101st Airborne as allies if I need infantry.

    ReplyDelete