Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thor's Day Hero: Major Sarigar


It was 1985 and I was eleven years old when I discovered the Alien Legion comic book. Holy cow, this was quite the defining moment in my path to sci-fi geekness and why Major Sarigar (later promoted to Captain) gets first bill as a Thor's Day Hero.

No stranger to comics, but certainly a newcomer to the military sci-fi genre, I was blown away. Sarigar, a very cool looking alien, took his Nomad Squad to the roughest backwater planets time and time again, and though they suffered losses, they always pulled through to fight another day. He was tough (as tungsten), serious, and stern, but also fair and never let his troops down.

2 comments:

  1. Loved AL. Sarigar was always one of my favorites. Him, Durge, and Tonk.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alien Legion is one of my all-time faves. Too many favorite characters to list, but I'm pretty partial to the armadillo triplets; Nik, Mik, and Rik.

      Delete