Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thor's Day Hero: LEGO Minifig


This little guy is an absolute icon. One of the first toys I remember of my childhood was a LEGO set. Although it came with these weird, large-scaled figures, not the minifig shown above, it wasn't long after that the little guy showed up. And thirty years later there's still something incredibly cool about the ultimate action figure, the LEGO minifig.

I don't have that much else to say on his behalf, but being the 31st of May I would be terribly remiss not to mention that today is mine and my wife's 17th wedding anniversary. So, rock on to the LEGO minifig for making the Thor's Day cut, and rock on to my wife for allowing me to be such a geek for the past two decades.

10 comments:

  1. Good news man. Having a wife supportive of your hobbies is key. My wife rarely wants to play, but she loves to give me the free time and sometimes the budget.
    Yes, the minifig is amazing. Ultimate action figure with the largest range of accessories than anything on the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My wife is the epitome of supportive, and there's not a gamer molecule in her body, she's a jock if anything to be honest.

      As for SeƱor Minifig, that's an excellent point, he does have the grandest accessory closet of all!

      Delete
  2. congrats to you and the mrs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering who she is married to, she deserves not only a medal and a bronze statue, but maybe a national holiday too.

      Delete
  3. I love Minifigs :) Can't help myself when a new wave pops up in a shop! Congrats on the anniversary mate, you're a lucky bloke! Here's to 17 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and best wishes on your anniversary Mik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 17 years, wow! Congratulations! =) Love those minifigs too. Brings back a lot of childhood memories. Best toys ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 17 years! Kristi and I are just coming up on our first. : )

    ReplyDelete