And by purpose...I mean you have to have an excuse to play with your toys. Andy proposed that he and Mik set up a painting schedule for his Reaper bones minis. Maybe take up painting a whole team of minis at a time or something like that. That may work with some folks, but in my experience, it won't.
Now, if you know that you are playing a game in two weeks and you need four specific miniatures to play your game, that's a different story. When you take on a project like that, suddenly you have a deadline, and suddenly you find your motivation.
So, here's my latest completion. The Reaper Bones giant that was included in the Vampire set.
Here he is most of the way done. I haven't gotten in and done the fine details, yet. I've experimented here and use plain old cardboard to create my own base for him. He has a base that works fine...but it's just so-so.
And here's the final product. I was okay with this base, but it's not anything to write home about. I did add a little flair to the base of the model. In my portion of the mini purchase, I got a bunch of skeletons. I cut them up and created a small pile of bones, a shield, and some skulls nearby the giant's feet.
Next up on the Reaper Bones painting queue...a dragon!