Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Rucht Hour: Next Reaper Bones Project - The Giant!

As I told Mik, the only reason you'll ever paint minis is having a reason in the first place. It doesn't really matter how gorgeous a mini is or how cool it is - you really need to have a purpose to paint to get the job done.

And by purpose...I mean you have to have an excuse to play with your toys. Andy proposed that he and Mik set up a painting schedule for his Reaper bones minis. Maybe take up painting a whole team of minis at a time or something like that. That may work with some folks, but in my experience, it won't.

Now, if you know that you are playing a game in two weeks and you need four specific miniatures to play your game, that's a different story. When you take on a project like that, suddenly you have a deadline, and suddenly you find your motivation.

So, here's my latest completion. The Reaper Bones giant that was included in the Vampire set.


Here he is most of the way done. I haven't gotten in and done the fine details, yet. I've experimented here and use plain old cardboard to create my own base for him. He has a base that works fine...but it's just so-so. 


And here's the final product. I was okay with this base, but it's not anything to write home about. I did add a little flair to the base of the model. In my portion of the mini purchase, I got a bunch of skeletons. I cut them up and created a small pile of bones, a shield, and some skulls nearby the giant's feet. 

Next up on the Reaper Bones painting queue...a dragon!


No comments:

Post a Comment