Monday, October 5, 2015

More Beastmen

Work on the Beastman horde continues! Above is the vintage chariot I picked up!

Old school parts; plastic and metal. 

Here's the final product, almost. It's old school for sure, but I had some spare parts on hand (don't we all?) and I added a few pieces to enhance it just a bit. 

First off was this armored plate up front off of the current chaos chariot. I had to modify the driver fig to fit the more confined chassis, but it gives the overall look both armored up and kit bashed. 

Finally I added a pair of huge tusk/horns to the sides of the rig, also from the current chariot kit. Now it looks good and proper!

I also added my first named character; Malagor the Dark Omen. This is such a cool figure but for the longest time I was wracking my brain to figure out how to modify him with wings since his stats say he can fly. 

All the pics of Malagor on the GW site never showed his back...he's got wings already! Really cool crow wings! Conversion worries rightfully cast aside. 

That's all I've got for now, the horde grows and the paint flows!

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying this project. Most throwback projects don't have miniatures this cool. GW really had a hit here before going all plastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did, I just got lucky with picking some of these up. Gonna post the bases chariot next.

      Delete