Monday, September 28, 2015

Cork for the Beastmen!

I was eager to get those vintage Beastmen on some bases, so I wasted no time! I put these three on 40mm round bases just like my existing lord and shaman, but those had resin scenic bases. To make up for it (and for them being noticeably older sculpts) I went with some cork to even the playing field. 

So we have, left to right: the war standard bearer who acts as a hero, another shaman (great buffs for the troops), and another lord, this time with a single great axe instead dual wielding.

I didn't have a proper standard for my hero bearer, so I used a spare out of the Gor box. To make it seem more 'heroic'
I went to the one in the unit and carved off a lot of the extras to make it look simpler and make the new one that much fancier. 

It might be a bit before I get that chariot put together, but it's not going anywhere! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment