Thursday, August 11, 2011

LEGO Thursday: King Leo's Castle


The good thing about being an adult fan of LEGO (AFOL) is that you get people's leftovers when they move on from the hobby. It's a shame, why would anyone move on? But move on they do, and it's up to the AFOL to actively seek out signs of LEGO abandonment and take custody of these wayward sets before they end up in a garage sale!

I'm fortunate enough to have had a lot of friends and family pass along LEGO to me. Mainly this is because they know that A) I enjoy it, obviously, and B) they know it will go to a good home and not be cannibalized or turned for a quick profit online.

It seems I mentioned Rucht just the other week during the Thursday feature, and I'm doing so again today. The above set, #6908-1 King Leo's Castle, was released in 2001 and was the 'big set' of the Castle line that series. Thanks to Rucht, he passed it on to me and it's been in good hands since. Judging from the Warmachine books in the background, this has been some time ago!

6 comments:

  1. I really like that stainglass window piece. None of my old castles are currently together, they are all thrown together in two office paper boxes. We did have the yellow castle in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe! Brad, do you still have the instructions? You edge me out on castles, I started with the King's Castle, the gray one right after the yellow one.

    I put it together about ten years ago using the instructions posted online, but didn't get pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded the instructions for it a while back and seperated out all the yellow bricks from the collection but they are stored at my moms house so i only get over there maybe every other month. We also had the kings castle and about seventy percent of the castle line from the eighties. Last time i was there i was working on the guarded inn. Ps we are back at the hospital so my wife can get her wound closed. Hopefully it takes gis time since if it does not we will have to let it heal totally on its own which can take months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a fine score. I teach Kindergarten, so when we have free time my students love to play in the Lego bins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see this is good use and good hands!

    ReplyDelete