Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thor's Day Hero: Geddy Lee


It's hard to obtain "living legend" status in the music world today, but I can't think of any other place to put Geddy Lee of Rush. My favorite band, Rush, is interesting because there's no middle ground with them; you either love 'em or hate 'em. I've seen them in concert more than any other band, which is to say, quite a bit. Roaring through the cosmos, the Thor's Day Heroes pick up steam and new members all the time. Such an endeavor requires quite the soundtrack, and who better to have along for that than Geddy Lee.

9 comments:

  1. Geddy, Alex, and Neil are all legends, indeed. Whenever I talk to musicians about who they think rocks, Rush is usually very high up on their lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I have zero musical ability but you're right, musicians know how hard and easy stuff is to play and know when bands push the edge or just skirt by.

      Delete
  2. They are legends, I am only a mild Rush fan. I have never seen them preform but they are certainly a good soundtrack for gaming. I need to dust off my old Rush recordings and "fly by night...!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a good gaming soundtrack indeed!

      Delete
  3. I have attended precious few concerts in my time, but seeing Rush on the "Hold Your Fire" tour was phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first Rush concert was a few years later with Presto, but they've outdone any other concert I've seen.

      Delete
  4. I was hooked the first time I heard the beat, lick, and voice. I can relate a RUSH song to all most any part of my past life. The vibe from the 70's was a perfect fit for my D&D games, the vibe from the early 80's was my late teens and life with a car. The early 90's found me going back to there roots. 2000 brought a hole new light.

    The movie was what gelled it all for me.

    If I was to put ink to skin it would be a knight in armor or one of the RUSH covers.

    Noel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Noel. I've got nary a tattoo, never planned on getting one, but a Rush-themed piece of art would come close to getting me to change my mind.

      Delete
  5. Great band- just started getting into them a year ago, believe it or not

    ReplyDelete