Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thor's Day Hero: Mrs. Ples


The first lady of Anthropology, forget about Lucy, Mrs. Ples was gathering before hunting/gathering was popular by all the hot hominids back in the day. Way back in the day.

I didn't start college until I was thirty, and before my master's I had to get my undergrad, so I picked a degree I thought was cool, not a means to an end. I was in the unique position that Anthropology was something I really wanted to learn, and I was old enough to actually appreciate it at the same time. I can't cover all the great things I studied, all pretty varied; primate behavior, 17th century colonial archaeology, Native American studies, and more.

It was the early man studies that I really took to however. So no matter where I am, or where I go, that will always be a part of who I am. For that, Mrs. Ples represents a big ole symbolic chunk, and is now a Thor's Day Hero, err, Heroine.

5 comments:

  1. Something like Time Team then, up to your knees in mud in a ditch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we got Time Team here in the states, it looks like a cool show right down my alley.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad "Primitive Man" has been proven wrong and/or entirely fraud. There is no such thing. However your passion for multiple species of Ape is very noble and respected..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. Searching the best Instagram online web viewer on the Internet. Discovering top trending photo and video on Pictame right now!

    ReplyDelete