Thursday, June 23, 2011

LEGO Thursday: More Liberators of Shadowdale


Well here we are with the first of many, many "LEGO Thursdays". No, seriously, I've got them queued up, quite literally, until two days before the new year. For the most part, you'll be seeing RPG stuff and the like, because LEGO figs make the best adventuring parties, hands down, accept no substitutes.

I had to say "more" in the title only because some of these Forgotten Realms heroes have made an appearance here before. Some of the party has stayed the same at this point, just a costume change here and there, and some of the adventurers are later additions as characters retire or die off and new party members sign on.


Plucky Halfling Wizard!


Solemn Human Cleric from Lands Across the Sea!


Dashing Human Druid!


Gnome Inventor and Wizard!


Slinging spells, hurling insults, and throwing monkeys!

6 comments:

  1. awesomesauce

    is there a purpose to the way you've based them or just for looks?

    pure awesomesauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was going to ask, since I know in other games you've used LEGO minifigs for, you use the studs as hit counters, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stuff. The masive sword and the arabian guy throwing a monkey are my faves.
    You have set me back on a slippery plastic path. This week I bought a bunch of alien hunter packs and last night I was ordering Atlantis armour to use as mandelbrite suits...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Gotta run, my Legos are calling me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obi Wan Kenobi you are my only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tristan: Thanks! They're based in rubble/ruins and the 4x4 flat square fits perfectly on our dry erase grid (where one square = 5'). If you look back at some of the Lego RPG batreps you might see the mat in there.

    @CFett: Yeah, some games we use studs, some not so much. These are more for measuring.

    @Spacejacker: Thanks! I think it's hilarious that you're heading down that path, and combining with it with 3:16 to boot, awesome! Can't wait to see what you've got cooking up.

    @BBill and Eriochrome: Glad you guys like them. Just so everyone knows, there's enough Lego Thursdays left to cover the rest of the year, all the way up to New Year's!

    ReplyDelete